Tuesday, July 28, 2015

DO YOUR THING!

So I’ve decided that this blog “Dice Head -  Gaming with Julio”, will start off with some of my favorite posts from when I started posting on Tumblr. This one - "Do your thing!" is actually my favorite one. Enjoy! :D
Do your thing!
Something happened to me today that I’d like to share with everyone.
In the morning while I was running some errands I was basically told I needed to pay 400 dollars in order to have something done. This was unexpected and as you may imagine the shock of it brought me down a few steps on the emotional ladder.
I finished running the errands, picked my wife up from work, then we went and had lunch. There we figured out how and when we were going to come up with all that money. I was still pretty ticked off and she kept telling me not  to worry, that everything would be ok in the end. She’s very sweet and supportive, but when I’m not in a cheerful mood I tend to stay that way for a pretty long time.

We finished eating, then we decided to go and buy some groceries.
At the supermarket it was crowded as usual. Since it was payday the lines were long, and we knew we would take at least an hour to get what we were looking for, so we might as well just get on with it. At one point I had to leave my wife to go and get some granola bars.
So I get to where those things usually are, and noticed some kids were playing around with some toys from the toy department. For some reason, the toys were right next to the granola bars.
I don’t get why they would arrange them that way either, but luckily that set up the following scene:
One of the kids immediately looks at me - he must have been between 7 or 10 years old… - while holding a toy gun he was using to “fire” at his little brother. The kid smiled mischievously and said:
“It’s time for you to do your thing”
I wasn’t sure he was talking to me, and since I wasn’t in the mood to listen to anything he had to say I just ignored him and looked past him to see if I could find those granola bars.
But he would not be denied… not today…
The boy walked up to me and offered me a handshake. I was kinda surprised by this, but shook his hand anyway. He then said, while pointing his finger at my chest:
“I’m doing evil things, you need to do your thing”
I had no idea what he was talking about, but then it hit me…
I was wearing my Green Lantern t-shirt.
Right then and there I forgot about the ridiculous amount of money I had to pay, the lines, the crowded supermarket… Heck I even forgot about the granola bars.
So the kid started to walk away, but I wasn’t about to let him go as easy as that. So I made a fist with my right hand, pointed it at him, and made the best possible sound effect for a green lantern ring I could come up with, and the kid froze “mid air” with a big smile on his face.
I got my granola and left.
That was 2 hours ago.
I’m still smiling…
In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight... motherfuckers :D

No comments:

Post a Comment